The position for National Woman’s Coach of Cricket Namibia has become available. This position is of strategic importance as part of Cricket Namibia’s vision and holistic drive for female cricket.
KEY DELIVERY AREA NO 1
The successful applicant will be responsible to coach the National Woman’s team on a full-time basis with specific emphasis on preparation for tours and tournaments.
KEY DELIVERY AREA NO 2
The National coach will be responsible for the coaching program and monitoring of all female cricket players. This includes all talent squads, high-performance and senior squads.
- Conduct regular coaching camps to upskill and develop all identified cricketers.
- Develop coaching programs for all regions in Namibia.
- Monitor program implementation and player progress.
KEY DELIVERY AREA NO 3
Take responsibility for all administrative and logistical responsibilities of the National Women’s team.
- Flights, accommodation and visa requirements.
- ICC reporting.
- Clothing, training and match related logistics
|PURPOSE OF THE JOB
|Role Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for the following key delivery areas:
- Lead, develop and maintain a successful winning playing squad in all formats.
- Develop and maximize the talents, techniques and character of the players.
- Develop players who will represent Namibia at all levels of competition.
- Create a professional, hardworking culture and environment.
- Provide support and advise to the assistant coaches and helpers within the coaching team and High-Performance program.
- Manage support staff to create, deliver, review and continuously improve the provision of coaching and support services.
- Build individualized player development plans and a long-term team performance plan.
- Establish team vision and values, protocols and standards and are shared among the squad and management team.
- Demonstrate personal honesty, excellence, accountability, credibility and integrity
|KEY JOB COMPETENCIES
- Strong planning, organizing and executing capabilities.
- Conflict management / resolution.
- Cultural adaptability and support transformation.
- Strong analytical capabilities with problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities and management skills.
- Ability to multitask and to work without supervision and take initiative.
- Ability to recognize the inherent opportunities, potential and challenges within the role and context of the role and approaches each with optimism, consideration and a willingness to find innovative solutions to help the team to outperform its peers and rivals.
- Ability to influence, drive change and adapt to the specific demands.
|RECOMMENDED JOB KNOWLEDGE
- ICC Level 2 or CSA Level I Coaching qualification is a necessity.
- Previous experience of coaching female cricket players or senior players.
- Minimum of five years of coaching experience.
- Be familiar with the latest coaching techniques and methods.
- Job-related remuneration commensurate with qualification and experience for this position will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Should you be interested in applying for the position, please forward your CV on or before Friday, 11 October 2019 (closing date) addressed to the Cricket Operations Manager; John Heyns.
The application should include:
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Details of two contactable references.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to Namibian citizens. Cricket Namibia reserves its right to not appoint any of the applicants but to approach any other person for the position.