(3 Year Contract)
An exciting career opportunity for the position of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is available at Cricket Namibia (CN). The CEO will report to the Board Directors of Cricket Namibia.
The CEO will be required to formulate and implement strategic and operational plans, as approved by the Board. In addition, the CEO will be responsible for strategically positioning Cricket Namibia in the broader landscape and enable the association to achieve its strategic objectives as well as respond to the changing business, social and sporting environment.
The successful candidate will play a key part in managing various stakeholder relationships of Cricket Namibia, as well oversight management of the finances, facilities and other resources of the association. The CEO will also be responsible for the transformational and developmental objectives of the organisation.
The role is primarily responsible for effective management, leveraging and monitoring of all CN commercial properties and interests and creating favorable and profitable long-term relationships.
- Preferably be a Namibian Citizen.
- 5 years of senior management experience in a business or commercial entity will be advantageous to the incumbent.
- Good conceptual understanding of key issues in local and International Associate Cricket environment would be ideal.
- A fair understanding of the political dynamics in Namibia will be an advantage.
- A fair understanding of transformation and its implementation in Namibia.
- A competitive and market related remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.
In addition, the following criteria are important:
- Solid strategic thinking and leadership ability
- Preferably have played cricket at National or International level
- Strong financial management skills, including management reporting, cash flow management and budgetary control.
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- Basic Human Resources management experience
- Basic marketing background
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively across all stakeholder levels in both written and verbal forms
- Highly organized and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Willingness to work flexible working hours, including weekends
- A leader who can work independently and as part of team; able to execute and deliver within an accountable framework and in an exclusive manner.
Interested applicants can forward their applications to the following email address: email@example.com
Please include the following documents in your application:
- A comprehensive CV, including references of two previous employers
- A copy of an Identity Document and driver’s license
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Details of at least two contactable references
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will undergo interviews and additional assessments.
Closing date for application is Friday 31 May 2019 @ 12h00